Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Post A!!!

So, I'm very much into my book now, actually I'm almost done with it, but anyway, the Boy has been traveling now for quite some time. As a reader I got used to the idea that he was in Tangier, a Muslim market city, but now he's begun a trek across the desert. This voyage has brought more culture to the table than I expected. First off, the Boy gets immersed in the ideas of the Englishman, but he must also adjust to desert life. He's used to leading around his sheep, but now the roll has been reversed and he must be the follower. There is an unsettling quiet to the desert that he can't quite pin point, and they (the caravan he's traveling with) must concern themselves with the threat of warring tribes. Thank fully, this is all changed once they arrive at the oasis. Here, the Boy learns more about women's role in a Muslim society because he falls in love. He knows that he's in love because he was paying attention to the language of the world and he knew that what he had sensed was true love.

No comments: