Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I'm on time!

So, I've been reading like crazy, and I've been loosing track of time and flying through my book. I thought "Maybe I should make a post now?" So I'm going to. In this last section of about 30 pages, I've been immersed in the Arabic culture of Tangier. The shepherd (he doesn't have a specific name, its always 'the boy' or 'the shepherd') was working for a crystal merchant, and thats when he starts pulling away from his personal legend and aiming towards going back to Spain. He talks a lot with the merchant about following one's dreams, and how its usually the unfulfilled dream that keeps a dream going. I found this very interesting because the boy (from Spain) was all gun ho about following his Personal Legend and the shop keeper wanted to stay in his shop, not change a thing and "think" about going to Mecca. It makes me wonder how much more optomistic western cultures are than Muslim or North African cultures are?

No comments: