Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Again! On time!

Dear Mr. Coelho,

I know I'm writing you another letter, but I had some questions I wanted to ask you. First, is there a particular reason why the boy thinks to himself more than he speaks? Because I've noticed that there is a lot that the boy either says to himself or that he keeps quiet. I find it an interesting choice of style, and isn't something I've seen before. The second question I've got is regarding the old king. I wanted to know whether or not the old king in person will ever show up? I have noticed that the boy has seen omens that have pushed him to pursue his Personal Legend again, but will there ever be the king again, or will small characteristics of the king show up subtly like his hair on the merchants head?
I also wanted to know, because you're Brazilian, if you've ever lived in Spain and/or North Africa. I ask you this because I feel that having lived in the location in a book can only help. PLEASE, don't think that I'm discrediting your work, I find it wonderful, and only ask because it seems as if you've really gotten a wonderful grasp on the cultural differences of a Spanish shepherd and a merchant of Tangier.

Thank you for your time,
Kian H-R

No comments: