Tuesday, May 27, 2008

POST B!!! HA....HA.....HA....HA!!!

Well, I'm sorry, but this is my last post for Enriched English 10, and I'm very sad because I've had a lot of fun with doing all these post every wee- Wait, what am I saying? I've very relieved that all this is over and could not be happier. Any way,

I wanted to discuss some quotes that I found. Coelho is an expert writer and I'm amazed at how much I find to have a double or triple meaning that is applicable to everything in life.

"Because people become fascinated with pictures and words, and wind up forgetting the Language of the World." (87)
I really took to this because I personally believe that in today's society of fast paces, and busy work, that we forget to listen to the world around us. I don't mean that we need to listen to the Language of the World, but I believe that we need to listen to those around us and here their problems, because the world would be better if we all did that.

Another quote I'd like to discuss is found on page 97:
" 'You have told me about your dreams, about the old king and your treasure. And you've told me about omens. So now, I fear nothing, because it was those omens that brought you to me. And I am a part of your dream, a part of your Personal Legend, as you call it. That's why I want you to continue toward your goal. If you have to wait until the war is over, then wait. But if you have to go before then, on on in pursuit of your dream. The dunes are changed by the wind, but the desert never changes. That's the way it will be with our love for each other."
The bold text is what I found the most moving, but I felt that it was the rest that provided that excerpt with some gusto. It's my personal belief that two people could be deeply in love, and be on opposite sides of the planet from eachother, but there are those who think they're in love, but once distance comes between them, it all falls apart.

No comments: