The Alex Award is an award that is given to ten books every year for adult books that appeal to young adults, generally, but not limiting, to 12-18 years of age. The American Library Association chooses these ten books from the previous year of publication. I believe that Khaled Hosseini’s The Kite Runner was chosen due to the raw emotion effectively conveyed by the author. I believe that the explicitness and frankness of The Kite Runner did not affect its contingency among other adult novels because it was truth. I think that the gruesome images that are depicted, even though the book is a work of fiction, are based on what Hosseini knows.
Oh, my gosh, The Kite Runner deserves this award and any other award that it has won. Hosseini has shown such a mastery over emotions that his characters feel and that he wants his readers to feel as well. Halfway through the book his character Amir was describing what it was like for him to have a dad with cancer, and it seemed so real, real to a point that it seems impossible for it to be fiction. Several points during this book, I was almost reduced to tears, and as I mentioned in one of my blogs, I don’t cry. Hardly anything will make me cry, and for it to happen more than once in the same book is incredible. I truly believe that Hosseini is going to be one of the most renowned authors of his generation simply for the message that he conveys to his readers. I hope from the farthest regions of my heart, that he will continue to compose beautiful peaces, and that I’ll have the chance to read them all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment