The Kite Runner
3/26
Post A-
Vocab-
1)khosheep (166) handsome.
2)bachem (161) my child.
Figurative Language-
1) “I read in my poetry books that yelda was the starless night tormented lovers kept vigil…” (143) I think this is an example of personification because the “night” that the author is referring too is because night can’t actually torment someone. Instead the night seems to torment people because they can’t wait for the next day(s)
2) “Afghan men, especially those from reputable families, were fickly creatures.” (148) is a metaphor because he is describing the way that men act when it comes to marriage.
3) “I’d become conversant in cancer talk.” (159) Well, this is figurative language because he’s making reference to his abilities in understanding medical terminology in the cancer-related area.
Quote-
“Just before midnight, Baba asked us to help him into bed. Soraya and I placed his arms on our shoulders and wrapped ours around his back. When we lowered him, he had Soraya turn off the bedside lamp. He asked us to lean in, gave us each a kiss. ‘I’ll come back with you morphine and a glass of water, Kaka jan,’ Soraya said. ‘Not tonight,’ he said. “There is no pain tonight.’ ‘Okay,’ she said. She pulled up his blanket. We closed up. Baba never woke up.” (173) I knew the instant that Baba said “There is no pain tonight.”, he was going to die, and I really liked that he had kissed his son and daughter-in-law and died in no pain.
Theme-
I think the theme overall is actually “seeing the good come out of the bad” because as I’ve gotten into the thick of this book, I’ve seen that even though his dad got cancer and died, he let his best friend get raped, he fled from his home country and moved to the US and ended up poor, he still persevered. So far the most successful way that he has persevered is through getting married. Although, he did graduate high school and he did start going to high school.
Post B-
Well, what to say? I don’t know, it’s the last week of blogging for quarter three, and I must say that I was extremely proud of my choice. This book is amazing and I couldn’t be happier. I know that its showing a theme, since I’ve already read a memoir by a Persian queen, but the best part of this book was the contrast that I noticed between rich and poor. It was like black and white, his privileged life in Kabul, his life with servants and going to school, and flying kites competitively during the winter. Contrasted with how his father had to work double shifts every day to help keep a small one room apartment and put his son through junior college.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment