The Kite Runner
3/5-
Post A-
Vocab-
1) Tashakor (46) Farsi for thank you.
2) Moochi (48) Farsi for shoe repairman.
Figurative Language-
1) “The sky is a seamless blue…” (48). This is figurative language because the character Amir is describing the look of the sky. He sees that the sky is a constant blue, never breaking for anything but the ground.
2) “For a few unfortunate kids, winter did not spell the end of the school year.” (49) I find this to be very ironic, “winter did not SPELL the end of school year”, haha.
3) “He looked like someone coming out of a good dream.” (40). This is an example of a simile. The narrator is describing the look on the face of one antagonist when he describes the way he believe that Afghanistan should be ran.
Quote-
“The swelling subsided, and the wound healed with time. Soon, it was just a pink jagged line running up from his lip. By the following winter, it was only a faint scar. Which was ironic. Because that was the winter that Hassan stopped smiling.” (47) This quote really struck a chord with me because of its sadness. Hassan was born with a cleft lip, and for his birthday, he had gotten it fixed. His smile before hand was always twisted and strange, but once it was fixed, he had nothing to smile for. Making it almost pointless that it was fixed.
Theme-
I really feel depressed as I read this book. Yeah it has its up moments, but Hassan is such a sad character. So sadness is the same theme that I’m picking for this week. I haven’t had any inclination as to what else the theme could be, nothing is making me think “oh this could be a story about daisies and rainbows!”. So, yeah, just another week of sadness and despair.
Post B-
Okay, so for this weeks possible theme, I mentioned sadness. I’M SICK OF READING SADNESS, but I won’t change my book. Its too good and enticing for me to put it down, but Khaled Hosseini has mastered the way to jerk one’s emotions around. His character Hassan is the most depressing character that I’ve ever read about in a book. I was talking to my sister about it, and she said that whenever Hassan was talked about, a wave of sadness, depression, and horror is felt. Hassan has had the most unlucky life, he’s a servant, and his best friend is having thoughts about how they aren’t really friends, that Hassan is really a servant. Not only does he have social problems, he has physical problems. He was born with a cleft lip, and was persecuted for it. He finally got it repaired so that he could smile normally, but once it was fixed he had no reason to smile. AGAIN I’M SICK OF SADNESS!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment